Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Tale of Two Jobs


Considering how quickly this whole job process has been moving, I have not been keeping you completely up to date.  I confess it’s because there are so many details that I just didn’t know how to condense everything.  Today, I’m going to sit down and try.

This is a tale of two jobs: Job 1 and Job 2 (It sounds kindof like a Dr. Suess book)

Job 1 – a great opportunity.  The interview process took over a month, so it was a little bit of a rollercoaster.  After a phone interview, an interview with the manager, an interview with the team, and a background/reference check, I  got offered the position on a Friday afternoon.

Job 2 – I began the interview process with Job 2 right around the time of the background/reference check at Job 1.  I REALLY liked Job 2.  A lot!  They had an interview process of three interviews and a background/reference check as well, so I knew the process would take some time.

During my second interview with Job 2, Job 1 called and left me a voicemail.  When I called them back, that was when they offered me the job.  It was Friday afternoon.  I asked them if I could have until Monday to think about it.

I called Job 2 back and told them that even though I would really like to work for them, I was just offered a job at a different company.  She told me they were interested in me as a candidate and she would see what she could do about speeding up the job interview process.

Both jobs were GREAT opportunities for me.  That Monday, there was so much going on, I don’t think I could re-tell it chronologically if I tried!  I was working through final details with Job 1 and setting up another interview with Job 2.  At that point, Job 1 still could have fallen through, so I continued making plans with Job 2.  In the end, we decided to go with Job 1.  Therefore, beginning August 1st, I will be working with the National Marrow Donor Program as a Survey Research Assistant.  I am excited to work in a challenging job with a great company.  I did let Job 2 know I had accepted the offer from the other company, and they were very understanding.

After many ups and downs over the past four months, I can absolutely say thank you to readers, friends, and family.  I have enjoyed your thoughts, encouragement, and prayer through this process.  I hope it was informative for those who wanted to keep up with my personal job search and for those who may currently be going through the job hunting process themselves.  We are excited to see what this new job brings and pray that it will provide many opportunities to reflect who God is and how awesome He is!

How does one effectively wrap up a blog?

Peace out :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment