Friday, July 1, 2011

The Waiting Game


Interview processes are a giant waiting game!! An update since my day of excitement:

Company #1: (The phone interview) In my opinion, the phone interview did not go well. I was discouraged! Things aren’t always what they seem; I received an e-mail a few days later asking me to come in for an interview. WOO HOO!! I’ve been especially nervous for interviews with this job because I really think I’d be great at it. I put extra pressure on myself because I want it so bad. I felt better after the in-person interview, so I went home and waited. Within the next couple of days, I received an e-mail asking if we could schedule a final interview with the whole team I’d be working with. I’ve never been interviewed by five people at once before, so it was a little intimidating. I was trying really hard to think of everything… “make eye contact with each person, remember the question, be honest, be friendly, set yourself apart from other potential candidates…” all while trying to intelligently answer their questions! They told me I should find out by Friday (today) if I will be offered the job or not.

Company #2: (The in-person interview) I felt this interview went well; however, there were a few things about the job that I wasn’t thrilled about. They called me back for a second interview with a few more people from the company. The second interview was confirmation that it wasn't the right job for me. After a discussion with my husband, we decided that if they called, I would turn them down (man, I hate doing that!!). The next day I received an e-mail saying they had chosen someone else for the position. It’s funny - even though I didn’t want job #2, there is something about not being offered the job that is kindof un-nerving. It’s a good reminder just because I want a job offer at job #1 doesn’t mean I’m going to get one.

In America, we have worry engrained into every area of our culture: worry about our kids, worry about our government, worry about the weather, worry about getting a job, worry about keeping a job in this economy….worry, worry, worry. During this job hunt season, I've been trying to buck this trend. When I worry, I’m telling God that I don’t trust Him. The fact of the matter is, I do trust God. He has provided for us in amazing and unconventional ways in the last three months and if I don’t get this job, I know that provision will continue.

So today, I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment